December 7, 2015 at 18:20 #3503
The theme is Translation Ready but not contain the translated files for each language.
Is need to translate the english file to your languge.
Ho to do this ?
Firstly you’ll need a tool allowing you to translate .po file into your language.
You can use Poedit application, or CodeStyling WordPress Plugin.
- Unzip the archive treeson.zip you must have folder treeson with theme files.
- Go to treeson/media/ln/ here you can see file en_US.po. Now here create new file, for example fr_FR.po and copy content from en_US.po to fr_FR.po ( to copy content use sample text editor ).
- Open fr_FR.po ( using poeditor ) and start translating each word to your language.
- After you finished, click button Save Catalog, and it will create a new .mo file in the same folder.
- Then you’ll need to open wp-config.php file from the root folder of your WordPress install, and replace this line:
define ('WPLANG', '');
with something like:
define ('WPLANG', 'fr_FR');
- Then make sure that .mo file from treeson_/media/ln/ folder of our theme has the same name as your language code: “fr_FR.mo”
IMPORTANT: Is need by one .po file for each language, in case you want to use multi languages plugins.
More information you can find here: http://www.catswhocode.com/blog/how-to-make-a-translatable-wordpress-theme
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.