Removing border from images with captions

Marketplace Forums Themes My Lovely My Lovely Premium Removing border from images with captions

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mythemes 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

CTYP

Hi

I have just switched from My Lovely Free to My Lovely Premium theme.

I had assumed (incorrectly) that the styles would be the same and that the Premium theme would simply add and allow more options.
    This was an incorrect assumption. I have found that the menus format differently (which I already have emailed you about) and also the images when captions are added display on Premium with an unwanted white border.

I am not experienced in editing style.css, but I have tried as my partner liked what she has set up in the My Lovely Free theme, however I only want to work with one theme – Premium and I’d like them to look the same.

Here is some code from the style.css:

.wp-caption{
    padding-top: 5px;
    background: #C8C8C8;
    font-style: italic;
    color: #454545;
    border-bottom: 0px solid #f0f0f0;

I changed the background colour from white (#ffffff) to grey (#C8C8C8)
    I was only able to alter the top margin, but not the sides. I also removed the unwanted border at the bottom

How can I remove the side borders? I just want the image, with a grey caption below.

I am concerned that any changes that I make will get lost in the future if the theme is updated or uploaded. Is it better that I add custom code in the ‘Add custom css’ field within MyThemes>Other Settings.

Thanks, Andrew

mythemes

Yes i have bottom borders on images, but what is side borders ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

[email protected] [email protected]